Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chocolate Madeleines

A new British survey has revealed that 9 out of 10 people like Chocolate. The tenth lies. - Robert Paul

Today I made Chocolate Madeleines. This twist on the classic cookie is truly amazing!
I've made Madeleines before ( see "It was a MERRY Christmas", January) and  they are a light spongy cookie that is very flavorful and aromatic. The amount of chocolate that was in them wasn't very much, so you were still able to taste the butter, vanilla and a couple of the other 'secret' ingredients I threw in! :)

If you want to make these, here is a similar recipe to the one I used. My batch yielded about double the volume that this one will and I added some extra spices to add more flavor. What I would do differently next time is to add more cocoa! Even though I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, I think they would be tastier with more cocoa powder. If you want to get really creative with them you could add the zest of half an orange.

I've read that Madeleines are best served slightly warm or at the very least they must be served the same day they are made. Which means... no leftovers!


 ... which is fine by me! Ha Ha! I'm sure they won't go to waste at home! 
These cookie/cakes would be a great addition to any tea party or posh get together where there will mostly be finger foods. Or they could be served along side homemade jams at a brunch for a more rustic feel!


Until next time everyone!! Enjoy the beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment