Monday, January 3, 2011

It was a MERRY Christmas!

"A merry Christmas to everybody! A happy New Year to all the world!"

~ Charles Dickens



Christmas was great this year. This year everyone got what they wanted. Big and small. However I think I was the most spoiled this Christmas, my whole family chipped in to satisfy all my baking needs. From necessities like quiche pans & galette pans & a wire cooling rack (yeah- can you believe I didn't have one!) to the very fancy and really nonessential Madeleine pans. The biggest shock came when I arrived after breakfast to my mom's house and opened a big present that turned out to be a KITCHEN AID MIXER!!! (... and not just the basic mixer but the professional series one!)
Take a look!

A big THANK YOU again goes to everyone in my family that helped pitch in for this gift! I absolutely love it. One of my very good friends told me when I got it how much it will change my life- Wow! Was she ever right!! I love this thing, I've only had it about 10 days but already can't see my live without it.
So, what was the first thing I made with my mixer? That friends would be some traditional french Madeleines. Mmm Mmm they came out so well, and so fragrant! 
If you want to try Madeleines here's a fairly simple (yet yummy) recipe for beginners.
Here is what mine looked like:



They were my 1st ever attempts at Madeleines and they were SOOOOO yummy!! If you want a little twist on the traditional Madeleines try these or these . 

Just a couple of tips: 

✿Do clarify the butter that you will use. If you don't know how, check this out!
✿Don't over fill pans! otherwise there is no point to the dainty little Madeleine pan, as they become big poofy cakes!
✿Don't over bake, you want them to have a gorgeous golden color!
✿Do eat warm! They melt in your mouth, and your tummy will thank you.



I hope you all had lovely holidays, and I hope the New Year includes lots of delicious treats!









No comments:

Post a Comment