Thursday, February 17, 2011

S'MORE PLEASE!!!



"I had a dream last night, I was eating a ten pound marshmallow. I woke up this morning and the pillow was gone." ~ Tommy Cooper



I AM IN LOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEE !!!!!! 
... With S'more cookies!




So this recipe was loosely based on the AMAZING blog by Patisserie Natalie. (Now, if only I could borrow my brother-in-laws camera to get the kind of shots she does...)
However, I found some of her recipe a little complicated to follow, so I adapted  it a little. I found all the recipes I used to make these online. They were AMAZING!!
Never had a S'more? What IS a S'More you ask! Mmmm- let me enlighten you!
A traditional S'More is usually two graham crackers a broken off piece of a (brand name here) plain milk chocolate bar, and a marshmallow or two- roasted over a blazing fire!
YUMMM! ...Or so i've heard... because I'm not outdoorsy enough to have ever been to a bonfire! lol
So, these cookies are essentially the same thing, the cookie is a little softer & sweeter, the marshmallow is soooooooooo tender and fluffy. On a side note: I don't think i'll ever eat a store bought marshmallow again!! Once you've had a homemade marshmallow you don't go back! ... Ok, I want to say so much about coloring and flavors but i'll save it for another blog.
And, the melted chocolate on the side is so smooth it just finishes off the cookie perfectly.
If your looking for a really good Marshmallow recipe Martha's got a great one!
Just a tip on these cookies though, if you ARE going to make them- DON'T roll out the cookies too thin. The thinner the cookie, obviously, the crunchier and less tender it is!

My progress is pictures:

Cutting out my homemade marshmallows- you need LOTS of icing sugar!

All DONE! This is 1 batch of Marshmallows

... assembling 

Getting dipped! Starting to look quite yummy!

Packaging and parceling!!!

DONE!

The cookies I brought for my crew


These cookies did NOT stick around long. They disappeared on  board once I took them out, and the couple I left at home while I was on my trip were gone by the time I got back! I would 100% make these again- and soon! They were a hit!
I wish I could have shared them with you all ... And maybe soon I will! Here's some good news- I'm currently in the middle of setting up a business!! It's very exciting, so far I have a business card & a logo. I'm just wonder if I should get involved and start selling on Etsy or get my own website! There is even a possibility of going into business with one of my best friends! Ahhhh, decisions decisions! :)

Keep You all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment