Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy V DAY!!!

Oh, if it be to choose and call thee mine, love, thou art every day my Valentine!  ~Thomas Hood

❤ ♡ ❤

If you follow me on twitter, you'll know that Valentine's Day was a day late for my sweetie and I! He was busy on the 14th so we just slid it over by one day. Not the end of the world... actually- it was way more convenient! The restaurant was less packed the next day (when normally you Always have to make a reservation ahead of time, forget a holiday), all V Day goodies were on sale!! AND I had an extra day to bake!
I didn't get as much accomplished in the kitchen as I hoped to. It's alright though, because seeing as I still have about 5 days off work... I planned to just stagger out my baking. (I don't know if this annoys anyone else- but when you are just 2 at home, lots of baking goes to waste! And there is ONLY so much you can give to neighbors and family before they start thinking that you may be trying to poison them!)

My Valentine's baking Menu was the following: 

❤Valentines cake pop 'Kisses' Very loosely based on something I saw by Bakerella.

❤Valentines Nutella sandwich cookies
❤Valentines Cookie dough truffles

The only thing I have made so far is the cake pop 'Kisses'!

Next up: Nutella sandwich cookies!

I think I'm most afraid of the cookie dough truffles because the recipe makes 5 DOZEN, and I don't like halving recipes! 

My husband absolutely LOVED my Valentines cake pop 'Kisses' !!
... and so did his brother, Lol. I had brought some while visiting my Mother-in-law in the hospital and he ended up taking the whole box home! HA! 

I do have some pictures, but they are RUBBBBBISH! I vow to borrow my brother-in-laws camera for my next blog entry (which SHOULD be tomorrow) so that I have decent pictures. Even though the pics are terrible  I hope you get the idea! ;)


Mashing up my cake for my cake pops!
(If it's not messy, your not doing it right!!)

Little Chocolate drops that will become chocolate dipped 'Kisses"

Ta-Dahhhhhhhhh!


:)

"Be Mine!" From another angle


 I'm really surprised at how simple cake pops are to make. I guess that's why they are now becoming the new trend in baking, and people are leaving behind the ever popular 'Cupcake' frenzy and heading to the exciting world of Cake Pops!
As, I write this I can hear my husband sitting on the couch eating one of these. Ha! I can hear him biting through the chocolate shell into the moist cake inside! I'll be honest though, I still don't know if I understand or GET cake pops?! Yes, I know... as my best friend has tried to tell me over and over- there's nothing to get- But if you want cake... why don't you just have a piece of cake?? I guess that's just me though... and others would prefer to eat their cake on a lollipop stick or in different shapes! I can live with that, especially if people want to buy it from me! 
;)

Next blog: Nutella Sandwich Cookies!




No comments:

Post a Comment