Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nutella Sandwich Cookies

I am addicted to Nutella, the chocolate hazelnut spread? I can't live without it. I need a daily dose of Nutella. ~ Michelle Trachtenberg

Finally, without further delay - here are my Nutella Sandwich Cookies!!!



I'm not gonna lie, these weren't  the easiest cookies to make. It took a lot of steps to achieve these, but they were worth it!! 
They took about 3 days (mainly because I have been extremely busy), first there was skinning the hazelnuts... because I couldn't find any already skinned, my Goodness was that a chore. Did you know that there are whole websites dedicated to showing you how to skin a hazelnut?! Then I didn't have a food processor, so I had to grind the flour, sugar, and salt with the hazelnuts in stages in my Magic Bullet. Then there's the fact that I hate cut out cookies! They are so time consuming! I think that the end look is fab though, they are really cute if I do say so myself! 
The recipe was supposed to yield 2 dozen 'sandwiches' but actually  only yielded about 19, which was fine for me because after rolling out and cutting 19 of these I was fed up! :P
They are SO yummy too, not just esthetically pleasing! Ha! 
The cookie is very 'Nutty' because of the ground up hazelnuts, and perfectly complimented by the smooth interior of the Nutella- the chocolate drizzle is just for looks and extra calories- Duh!


... And just in case you couldn't tell from previous blogs to this one... I got my brother-in-laws camera, finally! (My husband is the photographer, Thanks Dave!!)
Hopefully I will be able to borrow it in the future for other blog post since it is so amazing! Hint! Hint! Jon if your reading!!! 
Although they were originally intended for V Day, they were enjoyed by the two guys who were furiously gaming at my place today! :) At least being in the kitchen gave me something to do while my Tv was being hogged all day! 


I found this recipe for these cookies online, and I think when I make them again I will definitely look for skinned hazelnuts, and possibly borrow my mothers food processor!! 

Hope you enjoyed the pictures!!! (Thanks again Jon!)
Up Next: Cookie dough truffles!
(... but it may be awhile until that blog because my next three trips are back-to-back, so in about 10 days!)




No comments:

Post a Comment