Thursday, May 19, 2011

Homemade gourmet bread

A loaf of bread, a jug of wine, and thou.
~Omar Khayyam


This week I embarked on making my own bread. I had staked out a couple of different recipes and was really undecided on which one to use. so I consulted my bread expert, Sophie. As long as I've known Sophie she's always baking something, especially bread. I've seen her whip up a batch of bread in minutes using not much more then a bowl, loaf pan and her hands. Sophie gave me her older sisters favorite recipe that she's been using for ages, and it was amazing.

The bread came out so full of taste... I didn't even know bread could be so flavorful!
And while it was still piping hot we all had a slice with butter, Wow!

All I know is I am SO thankful that I don't have Celiac Disease, because to not be able to enjoy this gluten rich bread would be so depressing!

I can't wait to start exploring with more breads, I've even gone out and bought tons of yeast and flour so I can come up with my own variations of different gourmet breads. The one I might try next is chocolate cinnamon raisin ! Yum!

I'm really into site like King Arthur Flour , and epicurious.com recently! So hopefully that means more yummy blogs to come! :)

Hope you've all had a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment