Friday, March 4, 2011

As Promised, Cookie Dough Truffles!





"There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate and chocolate truffles." - Author Unknown

These truffles have been begging to be made for about three weeks, since about Valentine's Day! If you remember I had 3 desserts planned for Valentine's Day, but since (right now) we are only two at home, it would have been way too much food. Once in awhile we get this adorable little raccoon named Phillippe that comes by for a snack and ends up polishing off any of our left over sweets, but most of the time we are just two!
So one by one I made the desserts, but staggered them out one week at a time. I started with Cake Pop 'Kisses' for Valentine's Day, then Nutella Sandwich Cookies the next week, and finishing this week with Cookie Dough Truffles!
I found this recipe fairly simple and it only took about 45 Minutes to make them (not including chilling time which is about 3 hours). That's not bad for a dessert that can be frozen and unthawed anytime you have guests over, it's actually a time saver! Ha! I still have to practice chocolate coating things in a double boiler, so far the 'two fork method' seems to be working... but there's got to be something simpler... Will get back to you on this!
I wish I could have shared them with all of you, because the cookie dough taste is immense! Even as a person who doesn't like chocolate, I liked these!

I'm not too sure what I'm going to bake next, maybe Cupcakes or Lemon Bars? I got this amazing German cookbook when I was there last, and it has some amazing recipes that I think you will soon see featured on this blog! But, If you have any ideas for things for me to try out and blog about, let me know! Either write me a comment below or as most of you do, on twitter @flightattdntjen !
Hope you enjoy the pics!

(Big THANX again to Jon for lending his camera <I swear I'll get it back to you soon! ;) > & to Dave for being my photographer once again, Because I am rubbish at taking photos!)

I didn't say this on my last blog, but I meant to... if you want the full effect of the image you can click on it to see it in full!


I hope you like sweets because these are sweet

Couldn't resist! They looked too yummy! Ha Ha!  Just kidding- It's staged!

The recipe says it yields 5 dozen. Not quite, but it was still a lot.

Cookie dough- Yum! Who can say 'no' to yummy cookie dough
I think this is my all time favorite picture!

Packaging! Goodbye treats! Glad your not all staying in my house!

Box that got sent to my BIL!
I get to borrow his camera... he gets paid in sweets!
Good trade, I think! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment